Oceanswell is looking to fill this position within the organization. It requires English language proficiency AND Sinhala or Tamil.
To apply, email [email protected] with the following:
- Cover letter (maximum 300 words) outlining why you are suited for this job and a short description of your previous related experience(s)
- CV (maximum 2 pages)
- Two job-specific letters of recommendation that outline your suitability for the job
- Please mention your last name and the job you are applying for in the subject of your email. E.g. deSilva_OperationsOfficer
Application deadline is the 24thof January 2019, short-listed applicants will be contacted for an interview the following week. Anticipated start date is early February.
Oceanswell is Sri Lanka’s first marine conservation research and education non-profit. Oceanswell conducts much-needed marine conservation research around Sri Lanka, provides opportunities for students to experience marine research first-hand, educates future ocean heroes with knowledge about the oceans using traditional and social media and encourages and provides opportunities for ocean engagement.
Oceanswell is currently seeking to include a Programme Officer in its dynamic team, who will oversee all of Oceanswell’s Research and education programmes.
- The duration of this position will be two years with possibilities of renewal based on performance and commitment to the organizational growth.
This position shall report directly to the Executive Director of Oceanswell.
A) Programme Development and Implementation:
- Assist in writing research proposals;
- Assist in developing the annual programmes action plan;
- Assist in research activities and assigned components;
- Manage all field teams;
- Develop programme related visuals as required;
- Research, identify and secure local university collaborators;
- Establish a highly resourceful pool of collaborators for programme implementation and impact;
- Liaise and coordinate with programme related consultant scientists ;
- Plan and organize day to day field requirements and needs for effective programmes;
- Assist with preparing manuscripts / papers / reports as required;
- Contribute to programme development, strengthening and expansion;
- Manage assigned programme related budgets, monitor expenses and update accounts accordingly;
- Documentation of programme activities, inputs, outputs, and outcomes;
- Preparation of gear, equipment and documentation required for field work;
- Liaising, coordination and follow-up with education partners;
- Organizing education programme workshops;
- Documentation, communication and presentation of research conducted to local community;
- Assist with developing Terms of Reference, Output Deliverable schedules, Reporting timelines and formats for Consultants and Interns;
- Plan, organize and carry out all trainings for field teams;
- Provide social media programme content to Operations Officer.
B) Monitoring and Supervision:
- Manage and coordinate the activities and deliverables of all programme resource persons;
- Carry out programme related statistics and analytics;
- Assist in drafting donor reports, updates and case studies;
- Update and maintain the donor reporting schedules and related templates;
- Follow-up and supervise students working on various research projects;
- Manage and monitor all intern reporting requirements;
- Manage, monitor and follow-up all Consultant reporting requirements.
C) Knowledge Generation & Management:
- Coordination and follow-up with all external management partners, i.e. company secretary,accountant, lawyers, etc.
- Identify and manage all services providers for optimal resource utilization
- Attend and document all general or specified external meetings
- Coordinate all internal and external meetings for the organization and founder as required.
D) Resource Management:
- Handle and coordinate any and all equipment purchase and rentals for all programme activities;
- Handle and coordinate all field work related logistics and other arrangements;
- Manage all equipment care and maintenance, including updating the programme equipment inventory;
- Handle all programme related accounts and expenses, in coordination with the Operations Officer;
- Coordinate all programme procurement with the Operations Officer.
E) Representing Oceanswell::
- Be conscious about contributing to Oceanswell’s public presence to enhance credibility and visibility through specified representation of Oceanswell events and promoting Oceanswell when appropriate
- Follow the Oceanswell Code of Conduct, as well as all other implemented HR policies at all times
- Inform the ED when getting late or unable to attend work
- Attend and actively contribute to staff meetings when requested
The Oceanswell Team.