||Volunteer interns (unpaid)
|POSITION RESPONSIBLE TO
|POSITIONS REPORTING TO THE JOB TITLE
||Volunteers and interns
||Based in Colombo with potential for field work
||1 March 2018
Purpose of the position:
The Volunteer interns are responsible for providing field and desk-based research support to Oceanswell. We are looking for individuals who believe in and share Oceanswell’s mission, vision and values.
- Writing research documents and reports
- Preparing documents to raise funds for Oceanswell
- Desk-based research with some opportunity for field work (depending on ongoing projects)
- Support and contribute to Oceanswell’s social media outputs
- Organise other activities related to Oceanswell’s education and outreach work
- The Volunteer Interns may be called upon to perform additional duties not described above from time to time
- Excellent skills in the use of MS Office programmes
- Flexibility and understanding of new ideas, concepts and issues
- Ability to work independently in some cases with only general direction and minimal guidance
- Desire and willingness to learn
- Desire to work in marine conservation
- Ability and confidence in communicating with researchers from across the globe
- Ability to work well with, and contribute effectively to a multicultural team
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal (English)
- Ability to work with individuals from all backgrounds
- Passion for the ocean and conservation
- Commitment to creating change for the ocean
- Ability to engage in field-work
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Innovative and creative
- Good attention to detail
Other preferred but not compulsory skills:
- GIS skills
- Statistics and use of statistical programmes
- Videography and photography skills
- Database skills
- Acoustics skills
If you are interested in this post please send a cover letter, C.V. and 2 letters of recommendation to info+VI@oceanswell.org. In addition please answer the following questions in no more than 250 words (each)
- What do you hope to gain out of this experience?
- What skills and abilities do you bring to the project? Will you be willing to share your skills with the rest of the team?
- Why should we pick you?
Application deadline is 15 February 2018.